Tuesday, August 17, 2010

At the airport

Well here it is, my first blog post.  We'll see how long this blogging thing lasts.  I've always been horrible about writing in a journal for longer than a week.  I get so excited when I think about reading my entries a decade later and then I write one and my fingers cramp up.  Maybe it's because I decide to write when something really exciting happens to me and I promise myself I'll write every day.  Then nothing exciting happens again for a year.  Maybe this will be different.  Or maybe you'll find me writing about my banjo on a daily basis.  I mean, my banjo is pretty incredible but I don't think you all want to hear about how soft its strings are or how my fingers feel when they roll over the head. Haha.

Anyways, I'm sitting at the airport in San Francisco and a few things are going through my head.  First, why do I always look like a vagabond when I ride on airplanes?  Every time before I fly I strategically plan my outfit.  I must be as comfortable as possible if I am going to be able to sleep but I also don't want to look like someone the plane stopped and picked up at Merritt's Country Cafe.  When I get off the plane in Seoul I will be bused by the company I work for to my orientation.  I don't want to look totally unprofessional, so being the fashion expert this is what I chose to wear: black spandex workout pants (comfortable but socially acceptable) and a big sweatshirt.  Haha, I know what you're thinking.  How could I have thought this was okay to wear?  Well, I didn't really think about it until I noticed that everyone else actually looks presentable in their jeans.  Why didn't I think of wearing jeans?  It's too late now.

Second, I assume that all of the young Americans on this flight are probably going to Korea to teach and It looks like they all know each other, or at least came with one other person.  Kind of intimidating.  Maybe I should quit writing this blog and go talk to someone...

Third, don't judge me if I use incorrect grammar or punctuation.  Yea, yea, yea, I'm going to teach English.  Well lay off.  This blog is informal and I don't want to have to proofread everything I write.  I'm done with college and I've already forgotten everything I learned.  Plus I know you will all misspell words and use commas incorrectly when you comment on this blog and i won't judge you.

Better be going, my plane should be starting to board in a half hour or so.  Love you.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I miss you! make sure to take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even your Blog makes me laugh. You are such a dork. Damn I'm going to miss you. If you want to make friends just talk about how every band should have a banjo and a fiddle. You'll attract the right people :)

    ReplyDelete